Dr. Sultan Rahaman is Board Certified in Family Medicine and has been treating and caring for patients in Central Florida for over 28 years. In addition to family practice, he also provides other primary care services and has experience in internal medicine, pediatrics, minor surgery and geriatrics.
He is an authorized United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) Civil Surgeon, who provides immigration medical exams for those seeking adjustment of status in the United States.
Dr. Rahaman’s practice is focused on disease prevention and overall wellness; he believes in routine screening tests and only prescribing pharmaceutical medications when indicated. His goal is to provide affordable healthcare that is tailored to the needs of each patient and is designed to reduce risk factors for chronic diseases including Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes Mellitus and many cancers. He participates in Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) quality programs.
A testament to the value of his unique approach, large health insurance companies have transferred hundreds of patients to Dr. Rahaman’s practice over the last several years because of his ability to provide quality care that is both effective and economical.
Dr. Rahaman is currently accepting new patients. Call 407.767.8006 today to schedule an appointment.
Medicare Quality Programs participation:
- Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Quality Payment Program using the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) track
- Humana (Medicare Advantage) 2016 Star Quality Indicator Physician Program
Membership & Certifications:
- American Board of Family Medicine
- Fellow American Academy of Family Physicians
- Florida Medical Association
- Seminole County Medical Society
Recognition & Publications:
- Humana Central Florida’s Top Physician 1994, 1995 & 1996
- Humana Award of Excellence in Care Delivery 2013, 2014
- A Family Physician’s EMR Experience
- Doctors for America Blog
- Reform should improve access to physicians
- Don’t run away from health-insurance reform
- Medicare Advantage: The ‘Private Option’ experience
- Oh, hybrids, how we still long for you
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Science (Biochemistry), McGill University – Montreal, Canada
- Medical School: University of the West Indies – Jamaica
Family Medicine Residency:
- Jackson Memorial Hospital / University of Miami Medical Center – Miami, Florida