Immigration medical examinations conducted inside the United States must be performed by a civil surgeon designated by the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services. Dr. Sultan Rahaman of Family Medicine Solutions is an authorized civil surgeon by the USCIS. We have many years experience in performing immigration medical/physical examinations, administering the required immunizations and completing the forms accurately. This is critical for a successful application for adjustment of status in the United States for individuals of all ages. Call 407.767.8006 today for any questions and to make an appointment. Same day appointments are available.
About Immigration Medical Examinations
Specific examination requirements are determined based on age, medical history, and immunization record. Please bring your immunization history and medical records with you. An adult examination typically requires the following:
- A physical examination
Tuberculosis QuantiFERON blood test is an interferon gamma release assay (IGRA), that is required for all applicants 2 years of age or older. The civil surgeon will perform further evaluation if needed (chest x-ray).
- Syphilis blood test (RPR)
- Gonorrhea/Chlamydia urine test
- Routine immunizations
Applicants need to be immunized against Chickenpox (Varicella), MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) and Td (Tetanus-Diphtheria). Additional immunizations may be required.
A child (15 years and younger) will receive a slightly modified immigration medical exam. The pediatric exam includes:
- A physical examination
- Tuberculosis QuantiFERON blood test is an interferon gamma release assay (IGRA), that is required for all applicants 2 years of age or older. The civil surgeon will perform further evaluation if needed (chest x-ray).
- Review and update of any necessary pediatric immunizations
- Children who qualify will receive free immunizations through the Florida for Children (VFC) Program.
The Day of Your Examination
On the day of your immigration medical exam, please bring the following items for each family member who will be examined:
- USCIS Form I-693 (Please complete the top of page 1 only)
- Passport or another USCIS acceptable form of identification
- All medications and immunization records (This is particularly important for school-age children)
- All recent blood test results for Syphilis, Measles (Rubeola), Rubella (German Measles), Mumps, or Chickenpox titers
All examination fees are due at the time of service. This expense is not covered by health insurance. Family Medicine Solutions accepts cash or credit card (Visa, MasterCard and American Express) for payment. For specific cost information, please call us at 407.767.8006.
Time Required to Process Paperwork
The physical exam, Tuberculosis QuantiFERON and other blood test results and completing all necessary paperwork requires a minimum of 5-7 business days. If a chest X-ray is required because of a positive Tuberculosis QuantiFERON test, the processing time may be delayed. Applicants will be notified of the results of all lab work as soon as they are available. Results will be noted on the USCIS Form I-693 and placed in a sealed envelope and given back to you to be delivered with your application for adjustment of status directly to the USCIS or to your legal representative. A copy of the documents will be given to you. Please note all USCIS Form I-693 expire after 1 year.
Making An Appointment
Walk-in appointments are usually available. To ensure Dr. Rahaman can see you right away, call us at 407.767.8006 to schedule an appointment today.